IKEA Tottenham – Sales Team Leader, Kitchens
Edmonton, England – Explore locationSales & Commercial
WHO YOU ARE
Are you curious about life at home and co-creating the wonderful everyday with our customers? Then we have the job for you.
We are looking for someone who has experience & is confident in leading a team of around 20, and who treats everyone in a polite and friendly manner. A person who is passionate about supporting co-workers to achieve while actively offering all the services available in the IKEA store to help customers make informed choices, which results in a great shopping experience.
As a leader you get energised by reaching common goals and targets, we’ll need to be able to see your commercial awareness & your management/supervisory background along with your passion for people development (& Kitchens!). You get inspired by exceeding customer expectations and by the IKEA values .
As a person you have good communication skills that can help to build relationships and networks with people across the different functions within the unit. You can prioritise and take decisions as well as follow up and communicate progress. You will be someone who believes in the IKEA Concept, has IKEA Brand Identity and lives the IKEA culture & Values.
If you have a background in selling kitchens, that would be excellent! You’ll be a strong sales person, without the hard sell, able to manage appointments & relationships with our customers & be proficient in billing. As an exisiting leader, we want to be able to give you every opportunity at IKEA, so we’d hope that you were aspirational. Your next role could be as a Department Head/Shopkeeper at IKEA!
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING DAY TO DAY
• Your working base is the shop floor where you lead by example every day, supporting, challenging and coaching co-workers.
• Together with your team, you focus on putting the customer first in everything you do within the store. Every customer must have a shopping experience that exceeds his or her expectations.
• You work closely with the Shopkeeper to ensure your shop is in excellent shape as new and fully stocked, and with the four merchandising basics always in place (priced, clean, well assembled and available).
• You are passionate about the IKEA products in your store. You create a high level of knowledge about the products’ features and benefits and share this with customers and your team.
• Together with the Shopkeeper, you take responsibility for your department goals and ensure your action plan is in place and communicated clearly to co-workers in your team.
• You are proactive in finding opportunities and acting on them to maximise sales through understanding customers and the local market and keeping an eye on competition.
• You act quickly on commercial opportunities; changing availability of products and customer feedback.
• You and your team actively sales steer to your department’s top-selling products, prioritised products and IKEA service products in order to maximise sales and long-term profitability.
• You execute meaningful actions that are based on the outcome of a key performance indicator analysis at Shopkeeper level.
• You actively promote the IKEA social and environmental commitment and work with your team to understand how, together, you can contribute to sustainability.
ABOUT THIS WORK AREA
We are the ones meeting our customers – in our stores, online, in our catalogue and beyond. We have knowledge of the IKEA product range, local markets and customer needs and we constantly find new ways of making real connections with our customers to maximize sales and profitability. Together with thousands of colleagues around the world we’re a diverse team working for the continued global success of the IKEA Concept – a concept that helps millions of customers create a better everyday life!
The Kitchen is the heart of most homes, so all of us have a real passion for what we offer, to make sure our customers have ‘The Wonderful Everyday’ in thier IKEA kitchen at home.
Please submit an up-to-date CV when applying. Jobs at IKEA are very popular and sometimes a job can close before the closing date due to high application numbers. So, hurry up, we are excited to receive your application soon!
THE IMPORTANT STUFF!
This position is full time, 39 hours per week, including late shifts and weekends. We offer alternate weekend working, and also late/early alternate shifts. This is a key role in our store, so if your skill set and background matches what we’re looking for, we’re looking forward to receiving your application!
Please contact a member of the recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need any further information.